|MAKING FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS
Selecting A Funeral Home
Our staff will meet with you privately for an "arrangement conference”. It’s the ideal opportunity to ask questions,
share your preferences, and learn about the different service and merchandise options available to you. At this time you can:
- Decide on the kind of service, and where you would like it to take place;
- Select a casket or cremation container.
- Choose an urn (a container that holds the cremated remains);
- Decide on the final resting place and farewell service;
- Plan the post funeral gathering for family and friends
No two people are alike. So why should their funerals be?
When arranging a funeral with us, you will find that we will go to great lengths to design a service that honors your loved
one's life in a manner they would have wanted.
We will listen carefully for what is meaningful to you and your loved one and encourage you to incorporate those ideas
or thoughts into the funeral service.
Ways to personalize a funeral:
- Dress your loved one in clothing from his or her own wardrobe that reflects his or her unique personality;
- Encourage family and friends to bring photographs and special items to display on a "memory "table. This could include
objects that reflect a favorite hobby like golf, gardening or needlepoint;
- Include a video presentation during the service that incorporates home movies of your loved one;
- Personalize the casket by selecting a favorite color, material, cap panel, life style corners, or keepsakes;
- Select special music, not just traditional hymns, but songs that were meaningful to your loved one;
- Include personal eulogies from family members and good friends that pay tribute to your loved one.
Funeral Arrangements can be made either at the time of need, or can be planned in advance of need.
“At Need” refers to the time when a death has occurred and the need for making funeral arrangements
is immediate. Making arrangements for the appropriate farewell of a loved one is complicated by the need to make decisions
quickly and by the emotional realities of the situation.
Our trained and experienced funeral professionals will meet privately with the family to review all of the service and
merchandise options available so as to provide the family with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions.
Our goal is to guide the family through this important process by truly understanding their wishes and creating a uniquely
personal and special occasion that will be shared by family and friends, and warmly remembered by all.
Our care continues after the funeral as we help the survivor to begin to make the transition of life without their loved
one. Our Family Service Counselors will advise families on a number of details that have to be taken care of after a death
has occurred, including: the completion of all necessary forms to apply for government and insurance related benefits; locating
and reviewing deceased’s will; inventory assets; transfer of liquid assets; inventory liabilities; insurance details.
“Advanced Planning or “Pre Need” refers to the situation where one can make their own funeral
arrangements well in advance of when they will be needed. Our experienced funeral planning professionals will meet with you
to design a farewell event that respects your beliefs, traditions and budgets.
Preplanning the details of your funeral and cemetery arrangements also relieves your loved ones of having to make these
difficult decisions during an extremely stressful time. Preplanning allows you to save money by guaranteeing your costs at
the date that you finalize your details.